Tuesday, April 26, 2011

7 random facts!



I feel very honored to receive this "One Lovely Blog' award recently, thanks to Happy Home Baking. I have loved every minute of blogging and really enjoy getting to share stories and recipes with all of you!

There are some rules to abide in order to accept this award and they are:

1. Post linking back to the person that gave you the award
2. Share 7 random things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered blogs
4. Drop them a note and tell them about it.

So, I would like to dedicate this award to the following blogs:
1. Baking Ribbons
2. Mixed Tape
3. Buttercream Barbie
5. First Look, Then Cook
6. La Prochaine Fois
7. Smitten with my Kitchen
8. The Honey Nut
9. The Saturday Evening Pot
10. Snacking Squirrel
11. Healthnut Foodie
 12. Easily Good Eats

13. Dining and Dishing
14. Clutzy Cooking
15. Cook and Be Merry

7 Random Facts About Me

1. My left bicep is bigger than my right. I played softball for 13 years, and for seven of those, I pitched fast pitch. I played club in the summer, for my high school team or travel team in the spring, and went to a pitching camp in the fall/winter.  All that pitching really built up the muscle in my left arm, making it noticeably larger than my right. Thankfully, 7 years after 'retiring' from the super-competitive softball, my arms are now much closer to the same size!

2. I have the biggest pet peeve when, instead of saying Pacific Ocean, people say 'Specific' Ocean. Ugh, makes me cringe just typing it, haha.

3. I wish I could have hair like Jennifer Love Hewitt (aka Ghost Wisperer) or the redhead from "Better With You." Yes, I have hair envy.

4. I typically have to 'guilt' myself into working out. I don't enjoy it, but I love how accomplished I feel after I've done my run/exercising. I'll usually lay my workout clothes out in the morning, and change the minute I walk through the door - since I'm already in the clothes, it would be kind of pointless to skip working out then!

5. I still own rollerblades. And one day, I'm hoping to use Cody as my 'sled dog' and have him lead me down the street while I'm wearing my rollerblades. I can just picture the face-plant now.

6. In high school, I played the clarinet, bass clarinet, and contra-bass clarinet (for which I had to play Tuba music because we had no sheet music for the contra-bass clarinet). I also was the Marching Band Drum Major(ette) my junior year of high school, conducting the band during competitions, parades and halftime shows - complete with go-go boots.

7. We used to have a cabin in central Pennsylvania where I learned to shoot rifles and shotguns. We did target practice with baloons for the rifles, and skeet/trap over the front lawn with the shotgun. I was also on the clay target team for one semester while at school, but it was too expensive!

Hope you enjoyed a little peek into what makes me tick!

10 comments:

ASH said...

Congrats on your award! :) You do have some nice recipes.

Meg Luby said...

thank you for the award! i am having serious blogger issues that are kicking my butt! however, once my blog is happy again, i will totally be returning the love!
your blog is adorable and i really can't say enough how stellar i feel having been featured :)
-meg
@ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

Three-Cookies said...

Thanks for the award, much appreciated. I will accept it tomorrow once I've met the requirements and written it up

The Lucky Wife @ The Saturday Evening Pot said...

Congratulations and thank you so much!

Lynne @ CookandBeMerry said...

Thank you so much for honoring me with this award. I will be writing up my own "7 random facts" soon. I, too, played clarinet and played tenor drum in the marching band. Those were some of my best times. Thanks for reminding me. xo

Beth @ DiningAndDishing said...

thank you very much for the award! :)

Baking Ribbons said...

Thank you for the award! I've been a little lazy lately, but will try to deserve it!

Three-Cookies said...

Thanks again for the award. I have written a post and linked to your blog. I am in the process of compiling a list of 15 bloggers

The Lucky Wife @ The Saturday Evening Pot said...

Finally go our <a href="http://www.thesaturdayeveningpot.com/2011/05/one-lovely-blog-award.html>acceptance post</a> finished. Thank you again!

Kelsey Ann said...

I'm so sorry I missed this post! Hope it's not too late to pick up my award!! :(

XOXO <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...